- Leave the ring road at Gwarko (the congested turnoff straight east on the main road from Patan Durbar Square). The on-in lies about 8 km further east from Gwarko.
- Keep on the main road taking the right fork after about 1.5 km.
- Carry on through the old Newari town of Lubhu, and after crossing the bus stop, the road turns left followed by a sharp right turn..
- About 2km further on pass Sisneri School on the left and drive across a small stream (This might have dried by now). At the next junction go straight on.
- Continue a bit until you reach a broad space bounded on the left by one of the architectural wonders of the Kathmandu valley. Yes, it’s Sisneri Ranger Post, a superb example of the ex-GM’s architecture: functional, strong, low-maintenance, and a delight to the eye.
GPS: 27.623828, 85.396122