- At the Ring Road Balkhu junction, head south on the Chobhar-Dakchhinkali road. Pass the Tribhuvan University gate.
- After crossing Laboratory School, turn right on a nice wide paved road and head up to Kirtipur.
- After 1.4 km after crossing the gate, turn RIGHT at the T-junction at the start of Kirtipur town.
- Then take the immediate LEFT on the fork onto the uphill road.
- Follow the road uphill through a sharp left bend, and then take the right bend at the next junction.
- Go past the White House New Restro on the left side, and continue climbing up until you see Jatra Restaurant on the right.
- Take the LEFT after you see Jatra Restaurant (there might be paper here). If you reach Bag Bhairab, then you have gone too far.
- Then take the second LEFT and go around the Chilancho Bihar (stupa) until you reach Joshi Nani Heritage Home.